mix for stronger scent.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodym

Reaction score
i have been researching here a bit and im wondering if i could mix lavender eo with a lavender frag maybe 3/1
to help with stronger lasting and still be able to sell as an eo soap at market? input appreciated! thx!

Yes you can mix a lavender eo with lavender fo. In my 5 lb. batch I use 2 oz. lavender eo, .6 oz. lavender fo from Nature's Garden, and .4 oz. Patchouli eo. It is wonderful. But on your labels you have to list fragrance. It could not be passed off as an eo. soap.

ETA: I didn't use Lavender E.O. It was Lavendin Abrialis

Last edited:
You can always add the phrase: "Contains essential and fragrance oils," on the soap label.

If you go with the lavender fo/eo mix, I would use the combo's mentioned in this thread, https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/do-you-have-a-favourite-lavender-eo.73445/ because they have been proven to work. I have tried many lavender fo's to help anchor my Lavender EO with most not working. I do not mix the fo with my eo to save money, because my fo is only $2 per lb less than the 40/42 from Camden Grey.

Back