Mill Creek Recommendations for CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sry... I saw this earlier and didn't think i had anything good to contribute. I bought 20 two ounce samples to try and I have gone through half of them. I loved the Patchouli and sweet orange/chili like you did. Arctic Air smells beautiful and hasn't faded on me at 5 months now, but it caused it to rice.. It behaved nice other than that. Zen smells, to me, like a clean fresh spa with a little exotic fruit scent. Green bamboo is another I enjoyed, slight acceleration. I bought Tranquil, but haven't used it yet. I guess it isn't a bad scent, but it reminds me of a generic 'old lady' perfume. I bought Bubblegum just for fun... It was very stroong oob but faded quite a bit when soaped and accelerated.

sorry, not much more help than that.. just some opinions.

Healinya said:
sry... I saw this earlier and didn't think i had anything good to contribute. I bought 20 one ounce samples to try and I have gone through half of them. I loved the Patchouli and sweet orange/chili like you did. Arctic Air smells beautiful and hasn't faded on me at 5 months now, but it caused it to rice.. It behaved nice other than that. Zen smells, to me, like a clean fresh spa with a little exotic fruit scent. Green bamboo is another I enjoyed, slight acceleration. I bought Tranquil, but haven't used it yet. I guess it isn't a bad scent, but it reminds me of a generic 'old lady' perfume. I bought Bubblegum just for fun... It was very stroong oob but faded quite a bit when soaped and accelerated.

sorry, not much more help than that.. just some opinions.

Healinya, I sure appreciate your comments. I may skip the Tranquil then,lol..I too have soaped Arctic Air and Zen. Been quite a while you're bringing back flashbacks with the Arctic air, that one put me in panic mode as it really accelerated on me too, and remember having to work fast and slam it in the mold. It did turn out fine though, and loved the smell, but I won't reorder because I hate to deal with those fast movers like that one. Zen didn't give me any problems, and to me smells similar to juniper breeze. I think I'm gonna add Honeysuckle Vine to my order, as it smells great, it's a really nice floral, and the scent sticks forever. I always soap it cooler though so I don't run into problems.

I've never used them but I'd recommend waiting more then 21 hours before giving up on getting responses. Your response after 21 hours is off putting. Not everyone here sits at their computer 24/7 but we do have some great people that will share their experiences if you're patient.

LauraHoosier said:
I've never used them but I'd recommend waiting more then 21 hours before giving up on getting responses. Your response after 21 hours is off putting. Not everyone here sits at their computer 24/7 but we do have some great people that will share their experiences if you're patient.

I tried to remove my post since you seem to be offended.. I didn't mean to cause any drama here. I just assumed people on here do not use this supplier for cp soap , and my time is very limited too since I work 3 pt jobs and have 2 children, so can't be on here very often. I went ahead and placed my order last night so no problem..Sorry you took it the wrong way....

I like millcreek, although I dont think they are very strong( try peak!), i adore orange chli pepper and island flower.

Sure we do, but like you, we also have lives outside of the forum & can't always jump when you need a response. A little patience will go a long way.

honor435 said:
I like millcreek, although I dont think they are very strong( try peak!), i adore orange chli pepper and island flower.

Glad to hear you like the island flower fo, Honor! I appreciate your feedback very much, and I'll have to try that one out next time I order. Yes I agree about the Sweet Orange Chili pepper, it's definitely one of my favorites and try not to run out of that oil, cause my customers love it too! Is the Island flower easy to soap or is it speedy? MC's Honeysuckle Vine is very nice if you haven't tried it out, it accelerates a little though with me so I soap it on the cool side..

I checked my FO cheat sheet as soon as I saw your post and didn't have anything to add as I didn't care for any of the couple dozen FOs I got from MC.

Honor, I did get me some of the fo's when Peak recently had the sale, and you're right they have some strong oils! :D Got their Black Canyon, Warm Van Sugar, Peach, and Coconut milk on the curing racks and Wild Mountain Honey is gelling in the oven as I type,lol...That Wild Mountain Honey accelerated on me, but I was expecting that, sure does smell good though. Had separation problems with the Peach fo. worked with it about 45 min..now to see if it will smell like peach after cure. Scent Works is the best I've found so far, but wasn't totally happy with it, so crossing my fingers Peaks will smell like a true peach.

PrairieCraft said:
I checked my FO cheat sheet as soon as I saw your post and didn't have anything to add as I didn't care for any of the couple dozen FOs I got from MC.

Thanks PrairieCraft, I too have had some misses from MC, but I also have some faves as well. Seems to go that way with all suppliers, I've had hits/misses with all suppliers I've tried. I do like MC''s Sweet Orange chili Pepper, Patchouli, Honeysuckle Vine, Warm Vanilla Oak, Seaside, Strawberrie's n Champaign .I Didn't like their Dolce & Gabanna, Kenneth Cole Black Type (Weak), White Tea & Ginger, smells Awesome, but seized, Lilac Breeze (seized), Arctic Air accelerates too, that's about all I can think of right now ..

Latest posts

Back