Mica shopping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godschild

Reaction score
Hi yall. I've never used micas but would love to start. Would anyone please tell me who has the cheapest? I would love to order gold, silver, and as many colors as I can afford. Problem is, they are so expensive I am having a hard time finding some that I can afford. I hate asking this. It's embarrassing but I didn't know what else to do. Thanks if someone could help me with a place to order from that doesn't charge so much. I love how they are so shiny and would like to order a couple oz of each color.

I bought mica from ebay in small amounts but it was poor quality. I think it had talc or something mixed into it to dilute the colour as I had to use loads, So beware of that kind of thing on etsy too. I ended up throwing it out as I couldn't guarantee how safe it was and buying some from here

http://www.u-makeitup.com

I know they are based in Europe but they may post to other parts of the world. I bought lots of different colours in small amounts to try and only needed a really small amount as they are really concentrated.

The conservatorie has great prices, many of their 100g size are approximately $6.45. However they are out of stock on some of the best ones. They also have a $50 minimum, but that will buy you plenty of mica. I purchased in December and have over half of my order left, plus a giant bag of TD. Also you will have to research which ones are OK for soap. I have a list if you decide to purchase from them, and lots of people here have used their micas.

I second TKB Trading and Nurture soaps. Just make sure if you buy the micas from TKB trading that they will work in cp soap.

I also love TKB Trading, and ordered from them many times. Their shipping is always so reasonable that they are perfect for small or large orders. However I do feel getting 100g for a reasonable price will stretch the soap making $$$.

tkb, the conservatorie, and coastal scents are my faves.

Latest posts

Back