Molds and oil supplier's

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxpupmeow

Reaction score
Hey all I'm new to soap making so looking for the best oil supplier, I get olive oil from Costco as 42$ for 202 Oz is not to shabby. Also I use the 37 Oz purple bar molds I would love to upgrade to the 5lb 15 bar molds more for the cost of labor and cure time compared to the 10 bar molds, but their pver 60$! Let me know thanks!

When I shop online I always comparison shop. Bulk Apothecary has good prices and quality oils and butters. I also get tons of stuff from Bramble Berry. I buy avocado oil and coconut oil from Aldi grocery, a discount store. I get palm butter from another local grocery store.
Do you use single cavity molds? If so, I'd recommend a loaf mold.
My big splurges was on a stick blender and cutter. All other utensils and equipment come from dollar and thrift stores. Good luck!

I like using Soapers Choice for my oils. You can get castor oil in 7 lb bottles and Coconut oil Organic or not at a good price. They also have numerous other oils too. Yes, you do have to pay shipping, but I found it still cheaper than Costco. They also ship quickly (out of the Chicago area).

I agree with Zing, a good Stick blender that I get at Costco when on sale and a soap cutter that I found on eBay. I would add a scale to measure ingredients, I find it more accurate than Tsp & Cups, with less failing for myself.

Have bought a lot of the other supplies at the dollar store, or Big Lots… Plastic pitcher for the lye water (Label with a sharpie for Lye Only), plastic and metal bowls, spatulas...

As for the Soap Molds, I love the Essential Depot, Silicone molds, shop their sales. They clean up nice and make it easy to un-mold soap. I started out with homemade wood molds and had to line them. But asked, DH for the silicone mold and I have no regrets. I also get my Lye here too. It's great in soap and also for clean the house drains.

I like using Soapers Choice for my oils. You can get castor oil in 7 lb bottles and Coconut oil Organic or not at a good price. They also have numerous other oils too. Yes, you do have to pay shipping, but I found it still cheaper than Costco. They also ship quickly (out of the Chicago area).
I'm envious of those of you who are close enough to get decent shipping prices from Soaper's Choice. Their shipping fees to my area makes buying from Soaper's Choice twice as expensive as purchasing from my local Costco.

I'm envious of those of you who are close enough to get decent shipping prices from Soaper's Choice. Their shipping fees to my area makes buying from Soaper's Choice twice as expensive as purchasing from my local Costco.
I understand about the shipping price. I live 400 miles away from them and I would make a large order and go down to pick it up, then turn around and go home. It was cheaper than the shipping to pay tolls and gas. But that was when I was ordering 500+LBS., at a time.

I hate paying shipping charges too, but that is the reality most times.

Latest posts

Back