Mexican blanket soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I'll call this Serape soap. It' 16 layers (I think), wow this took a looong time. White Milk Soaps, here is her video: makes it look so easy. She did 20 layers :eek: You can see where I messed up one layer so I turned it upside down and added some fringe. It's scented with kumquat from BB.
blanket1.jpg

blanket3.jpg
mexicano-smiley-face.gif

As a mexican... those do look mexican, ha! I would have used more red and a deeper shade because thats a very prominent color used in sarapes, but, they come in every color of the rainbow so that is just me. That orange is super vibrant and looks very much like mexican marigold color. Spot on for the season. How did you do the sides? Pipping?

@scard you amaze me! (not just this time but basically every time I see one of your soaps I'm in awe)

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It took me a total of about 8 hours, the woman from White Milk Soaps took 2 hours, she's amazing.
It was a lot of fun. Alfa_Lazcares, I agree I needed to use deeper colors, next time. And yes the blanket fringe was piped. I had the idea in the back of my mind since Toxicon was looking for a sand look for her Mexican wedding soap favors and I finally got around to giving it a try.

Latest posts

Back