Maybe I should have waited...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
So after a year of making soap (probably 30 or so batches) I finally had one of those days.

Used a table cloth from an Easter dinner I went to to cover the work area (first time since I pride myself in NOT being messy) and it's one of those that has the felt-like backing. After measuring and pouring my oils I went to pour the coconut milk and realized the scale kept changing the weight by strange amounts. Then it hit me; the scale NEEDS to be on a flat and hard surface!
GRRRRRRRRRRRR! All liquid and solid oils already in my container and I can't tell what, if anything was measured right.
The lard was melting in the measuring cup in a pot of water so I figured I can pour and weigh that to ensure it's the right amount. Liquid lard spills everywhere for some reason only the soap gods know so now I have about 2 or 3 ounces of lard on my counter. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
New oils measured and all is back on track. Then, when pouring the coconut milk the Pyrex cup slips from my hand and lands in the oils with a nice splash getting on me and the counter. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Measuring the powdered sugar I dropped the bag containing the sugar and POOF! Powdered sugar everywhere. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I'm not even going to try to explain how I spilled the FO cause I'm not sure I even know for sure what happened there. GRRRRRRRRRR!
In all the time I've been soaping the biggest issue was forgetting to add FO to a batch and that was in June last year. I really think I should have waited till next week to make soap.

Oh yes, we can all identify with days like that!

3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e.gif

Latest posts

Back