Mardi Gras Soap in the mold...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyRogers

Reaction score
So I made my second batch of CP soap this morning. It's scented with Mardi Gras FO. I tried to mix some mica for two layers of color, but I obviously did not use enough. My bottom layer is green and it looks nice but somewhat lighter than I wanted. I dusted that layer with gold mica and then topped it with what should have been purple, but looks nothing like purple. Out of frustration I dusted the top with purple mica...that might be a mistake because it'll probably just get all over my fingers when I unmold and cut. We'll see. I'm still learning.

Oh, and this is about a 2 lb loaf. I had a bit left over that I put into a little plastic container.

Colors do tend to morph as the soap goes through its stages. One if the best peices of advice I can give to beginners is to document all your experiences, and don't forget to update your notes as the soap ages.
And what's Mardi Gras without a little sparkle. :D

Keep good notes! That is definitely great advice.

I am looking forward to seeing it out of the mold and seeing what colors you end up with!

Everytime you have a bit of a disappointment, it just teaches you for the next time! I wouldn't know as much as I do if I didn't have some screw-ups. :)

Back