March 2023 SMF Soap Challenge - Trip or Travel inspired

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Blufuz what a great story and beautiful soap. The second you said you wrapped the bottle of lavender in your scarf, I thought oh no, I'd forget. You probably relaxed a lot of people's that day.

@ Vicki C those rocks are amazing, they look so real!!
I've saved rocks and drift wood... for years hoping to try that. What silicone did you use?

@Blufuz what a great story and beautiful soap. The second you said you wrapped the bottle of lavender in your scarf, I thought oh no, I'd forget. You probably relaxed a lot of people's that day.

@ Vicki C those rocks are amazing, they look so real!!
I've saved rocks and drift wood... for years hoping to try that. What silicone did you use?
I went with this product and this company “Brick in the Yard” (I guess they are Pink Floyd fans?) They have excellent technical support and have a variety of silicone products.
https://www.brickintheyard.com/products/7315u2

I went with this product and this company “Brick in the Yard” (I guess they are Pink Floyd fans?) They have excellent technical support and have a variety of silicone products.
https://www.brickintheyard.com/products/7315u2
Thank you!

@Cindy D. your entry blew my mind. 🤯 Absolutlely incredible.
Wow, thank you!

@Cindy D. You’re an amazing artist! it’s impressive to make paintings that good much less soap! I’m still struggling with colored blobs 🙈
Thank you so much!!

@ The_Emerald_Chicken, your soap is beautiful, I love your blues!!
You are so lucky to live near Shenandoah!! It was our stress relief when we lived in Virginia, better than the beach.

@Cindy D. - I can’t even believe what you accomplished. Your soap looks like a painting and you channeled your inner Bob Ross. Beautiful 😍

@The_Emerald_Chicken - oh, the colors! So soothing to look at - it’s soap eye candy. Lovely soap 🥰

@basti - I so enjoyed the story behind your soap! I love the colors together and you really captured your inspiration. I loved the story that connected your fragrance choice, too. Ahhhhhh-mazing! 😍

I’m so impressed y’all! You are each so talented! 🌸

@Cindy D. - I can’t even believe what you accomplished. Your soap looks like a painting and you channeled your inner Bob Ross. Beautiful 😍

@The_Emerald_Chicken - oh, the colors! So soothing to look at - it’s soap eye candy. Lovely soap 🥰

@basti - I so enjoyed the story behind your soap! I love the colors together and you really captured your inspiration. I loved the story that connected your fragrance choice, too. Ahhhhhh-mazing! 😍

I’m so impressed y’all! You are each so talented! 🌸
Thank you for that huge compliment!😍
I've been watching videos from this amazing artist when I couldn't sleep...

Wow every one's entry is so amazing. Great 🎨 Artist's I love them. My entry won't be ready till Sunday I'm finishing it tonight and it should be ready to cut tomorrow 🤪 as long as everything goes according to plan. The soap I'm making will of taken me three days to make. I hope it turns out. Hope everyone has a good soapy day!

1. basti - omgomgomgomgomg 🏃‍♂️
2.Vicki C - love this!
3. CreativeWeirdo - I am SO here for this!!!
4. Blufuz - perfect occasion 😊
5. The_Emerald_Chicken - Ideas are brewing ☕
6. @Nicolesica (Added back with sincerest apologies!)
7. River S. - My first contest entry. Let the travel games begin!
8. CLMP this will be fun!
9.Nanna-so excited for this one👏
10. Cindy D.- this should be cool!
11. dibbles - I had a minute and made some soap!

The entries are all amazing - WOW you guys! I really thought I wasn't going to have time this month. During the first part of the month hubby and I both had covid. We are both well now, no worries. Following that we had rescheduled everything we had to cancel before he had surgery last week. Surgery went well and he is recovering, but still having some pain and can't lift anything for another two weeks. I'm picking up the slack of the things he usually does, which is fine but cutting into my 'fun' time. Then the time I did have available to make soap was dedicated to getting ready for the April challenge. Yesterday I found a short window to make a soap for this challenge. It's nothing like the gorgeous entries, but I have a story I want to tell. Hoping to get photos tomorrow and squeak in an entry. If I don't manage it, I will still post it here and share the story.

Back