Making red wine soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvercb67

Reaction score
I have burgundy oxide from bramble berry but it doesn't say how much to use per lb of oil. Has anyone tried this color in the cp wine soap? How did the color turn out?

Have not used it but usage amount is on the site in the description http://www.brambleberry.com/mobile/Burgundy-Pigment-P4051.aspx

"add ½ teaspoon of oxide to 1 ounce of a carrier oil like Sweet Almond or Olive Oil and mix well using a mini mixer – add 1 teaspoon of this mixture to your batch. For more information on oxides in soap"

It just says to add 1 tsp to your batch. I'm wondering how big of a batch. Most of them will say per lb of oil.

I would venture to guess PPO as that is the general rule of thumb like you mentioned. I would start at 1tsp until you get the desired color :)

O.k. Here it is.

It smells amazing! So happy. :)

0da298bc-bfcd-4ff6-b1c8-f0925b6caa34.jpg

Soap ring

Well, I just looked at my soap and they all have the ugly soap ring. Now what? 6 lb of it. Is it sellable do you think? I put in freezer after molding and it still happened. :(

Yes, its sellable. The ring is only cosmetic, the soap is perfectly safe.

Oh... Yes. I know it's safe & it's going to be a great soap. I was just wondering if others had luck selling with cosmetic issues. I'm thinking i'll just cut these up and sell as little gift soaps and make another batch with just the fragrance. I really love the smell of this stuff!

Give it some weird name and make it seem like you meant to make the circle. Also, as the soap cures the line between gelled and ungelled will fade some.
Many people will buy soap with a partial gel, the average person doesn't realize its a mistake and most could care less.

Give it some weird name and make it seem like you meant to make the circle. Also, as the soap cures the line between gelled and ungelled will fade some.
Many people will buy soap with a partial gel, the average person doesn't realize its a mistake and most could care less.

o.k. great! Thanks so much.

Back