Making pistachio butter for cp soap (superfat)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been youtubing how to make pistachio butter, the results are all for edible forms. Ingredients like honey, salt, sugar, I was wondering if anyone could help me with information on how to make pistachio butter for cold process soap

Sounds interesting..

Well, a lot of edible stuff goes into soap... Salt n sugar many add for hardness and lather boosts, respectively. Honey is also a popular additive. People have also used fruit purees, juice from veggies, alcoholic drinks, you name it.

If I did have edible pistachio butter I'd just melt it n add it into my soap after I cook it, coz I HP, just like I would any other butter I guess. The other ingredients might be in small amounts not enough to make a lot of difference I think? You could probably do the same in CP but I'll leave that to the experts to answer.

Is there a reason you want a emulsified pistachio butter in particular?

What I do in order to make pistachio butter (I like making homemade pistachio ice cream) is to grind the shelled/skinned pistachios into a fine, flour-like consistency either in my coffee grinder or via my hand-held, manual rotary cheese grinder that has fine grater attachment and does a wonderful job of making fluffy nut flours. Although it's harder work, I'm partial to my rotary grinder because there's less heat involved. From there, you can either add enough bottled pistachio oil (or else some other neutral tasting oil) to make plain pistachio butter with a nice spreadable consistency, or if you are making sweet treats like ice cream with it, you can forego the oil and add a little sweetened condensed milk instead.

IrishLass :)

thank you so much.
What I do in order to make pistachio butter (I like making homemade pistachio ice cream) is to grind the shelled/skinned pistachios into a fine, flour-like consistency either in my coffee grinder or via my hand-held, manual rotary cheese grinder that has fine grater attachment and does a wonderful job of making fluffy nut flours. Although it's harder work, I'm partial to my rotary grinder because there's less heat involved. From there, you can either add enough bottled pistachio oil (or else some other neutral tasting oil) to make plain pistachio butter with a nice spreadable consistency, or if you are making sweet treats like ice cream with it, you can forego the oil and add a little sweetened condensed milk instead.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back