Making dry-shampo from a recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fucsia

Reaction score
I have this dry-shampo that is absolutly fantastic. Having to order it from abroad makes it really expensive. Maybe I can manage to make it my self?
This is the ingredience list: INCI: Organic Arrowroot Powder, Organic Brown Rice Powder, Organic Horsetail (Shavegrass) Powder, Natural White Clay, Aluminum Free Baking Soda, Organic Essential Oils.
I already have many of the ingredients. But I dont have any idea how much I should use of the different ingredients. Anyone here with experience?

Quite a few dry shampoo recipes are available on various blogs. I haven't tried them bc my hair is dry and doesn't need frequent washing.

From what I've read, you start with a base of arrowroot starch (or corn starch). If you are using other ingredients such as baking soda and white clay, I'd mix all those in first. Then add cocoa powder or rhassoul clay as the colorant, so as to best match the color of your hair without leaving white streaks everywhere. Then mix in the EOs well to avoid clumping.

Good luck, and let us know if you make something that you like!

Latest posts

Back