Made some transparent MP from scratch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really wonderful! Love the clarity!

Thanks, I like it too. I have actually not ever made anything out of M&P base, but I wanted to try making the base itself. I'm interested in all kinds of soap for fun and chemistry.

However, now that I see this material, it seems nice enough that I want to make a few plain slabs to play with. It's more transparent than I imagined it would be, drier and harder than I expected, and lasts longer in use than I thought it would.

Not to mention, it doesn't morph fragrance and doesn't require much. I'm curious how it works with EO.

Melt and pour is actually more fun to use than I originally thought. I did it for about 2 years along with CP/HP soaping while I was getting a handle on it. My skin didn't like any of the bases I tried (too much coconut oil in them for the mostly natural ones) so I switched to CP/HP exclusively.

I tried many experiments to see if I could make my own MP soap. I also have that book you got the recipe from (have it for kindle). But, I didn't try any of the recipes in it (too many ingredients to acquire just to "try it").

Kudos to you for your success!

Pretty cool! I'd like to think I will try it but I'm with Galaxy, the list of new ingredients I'd need to purchase is a deterrent. I'm glad you gave it a spin and it worked so well.

Back