lye supplier suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ann Marie

Reaction score
Hi!

I can no longer buy lye where I regularly do (hardware store). Just wondering where a good online deal may be. I am on the west coast if that makes a difference (and WSP doesn't sell it anymore).

thanks for the help!

Ditto on Essential Depot. Look at all the different sizes / deals to see what will be the most cost effective. The lye is good quality, pretty quick shipping.

Essentials Depot is pretty competitive in pricing and good quality lye. I've used theirs since beginning to make soap. Their shipping to me is usually two days at most but I live in far far western Florida. Since it is ground shipping, probably about 5-7 days depending on where in Cali. If you can work with the time factor they are a good company with which to do business.
When I order from BB the time to me makes me bonkers. Usually at least a week so I understand what it's like ordering from the other end of the country.

ED is my second choice. I was going to place an order from WSP to get a ton of lye and some colorants.... Without the lye, I can't afford to get the minimum order on the other stuff so I'm super sad. And they said they have no idea when they'll have lye again either.

Essential Depot will often give free shipping if you purchase a particular amount. I just bought 10lbs of lye for $35 free shipping:)
Cheers!
Anna Marie

Essential Depo gives plenty of incentives to get us to buy from them, like shipping coupons and cart disounts. They are truly the cheapest I've seen online.

If you happen to be in a large area such as LA or Orange County you can look up chemical suppliers. I purchase mine from a chem house around $40 per 50lbs. They do sell smaller amounts, but not the hardware store sizes. Otherwise I would probably go with Lye Depot

Back