How to prepare live strawberry seeds for CP soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had an idea where I wanted to do a strawberry and cream swirl soap where the red/pink has strawberry seeds mixed in for exfoliation. Online retailers sell strawberry seeds for soap but are they any different than regular seeds from the garden store? If so how would I go about using "live" seeds? Do the seeds sprout inside the soap and cause a mess or do they just sorta die from the basic environment.? Also how much per pound of soap should I include, I've never added a mix in for exfoliation before.

I use 'live' poppy seeds with no problem. I'm guessing the online retailers who sell strawberry seeds for soap are not selling the same seeds that would be used for planting. Even if they were, they will not 'grow' in your soap. They just can't in that environment. The worst that would happen is that they could go mouldy if they are too green.
I would run with 1 tablespoon per pound of oils and just add another tablespoon after that if you think it is not enough. You can always put more in, but you can't take 'em out.

Latest posts

Back