Luffa CP gone WRONG

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanalearn2soap

Reaction score
I am very new to the soap world, just to let you know that 1st. I read a blog where a person used a whole luffa out it in a tube, CP'ed some soap and let it set 24 hours. Theirs looked wonderful so I decided I would try it. It turned out to be the worse mess of my limited soaping experiences. I had trouble getting it out then when I did it was a mushed up oil slick. Smelled worse than it looked if that was even possible. The luffa was all mush but what hurt the most was all that oil and time I put in it. Has anyone else tried the luffa soap? How did it turn out for you, and does anyone have an idea what happen. I soaped at room temp, I had what I thought was a good trace, I used enough lye I know or I think I know I used the online SoapCal to check and recheck the recipe. I stick blended. I thought I did it right. Used a basic olive oil, coconut and palm oil ingredient list. If anyone has an idea or can tell me if I can reuse the soap please share your knowledge and advice. Thank you much for your help.

Hi Dana thanks for your reply but I think I'm going to stick with oatmeal almond meal etc as an additive. The luffa seems a bit too much trouble.

Yes I did. I'm thinking it may have not gotten good and dry before I tried pour the soap. The soap was beautiful and smelled so good but its gone now. I think I'll stick to other types of scrubs. But if you have a suggestion I'm all ears.

Back