LS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it even necessary to cook the soap if using the 100% glycerin method also is it best to let paste sit overnight or do you get the same results diluting the same day if paste pass zap test?

while i'm stirring the paste I see some areas where it looks like it was trying to turn translucent

OK, I don't cook any liquid soap anymore. I find no need. At the most, I melt the coconut oil in the crock pot or microwave. And when the house is over 68 degrees, I don't even do that. BUT, I have trial and errored my recipes to refine them to use nothing but CP for liquid soap. Also, I don't really care if the soap is thin when diluted. That makes a world of difference.

You don't need to boil the water unless you are in a hurry. This is when a crock pot comes in really useful. Just add your hot(or cold) water and turn it on high. Break the paste up into chunks and add it to the water(or the other way around). You will have to learn your dilution rates for each recipe, so be sure to write down how much water it took to dilute so you know for future reference.

Since you chose to use a recipe that I don't know what it turns out like, I can't give you any clue how that soap is going to turn out. You will have to let us know, OK?

Is it even necessary to cook the soap if using the 100% glycerin method also is it best to let paste sit overnight or do you get the same results diluting the same day if paste pass zap test?

Hi WhackSoaper-

No- it is not necessary to cook this soap to the paste stage. I never do. Here is my very simplified explanation of how I make the paste for this recipe: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showpost.php?p=428636&postcount=3

Once it has become paste, I zap-test. If free of zap, I then dilute. But, if it's still zappy, I hold off on diluting and I just leave the paste alone (covered) and check for zap again later that same day, or within the next few days if I happen forget.

I dilute differently than Susie, which is perfectly okay, btw- we all have our methods that work for us. I don't have a dedicated soaping crockpot, so I use the canning jar method which I explain here: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showpost.php?p=428989&postcount=9

HTH!
IrishLass :)

Good morning everyone, giving a quick update about my first liquid soap. It came out pretty good I was hoping for a thick, clear soap but it is an amber color and thin. I guess that's not a big deal other than that it's fine cleansing and bubbly and has a very nice feel. If you guys would like to see a pic let me know. I'm almost out of hair conditioner so I'm researching that now and I know I will have some questions about how to make it so I'm hoping you guys can help me with that. Thanks everyone for your help with my first LS:smile:

Latest posts

Back