Lovespell

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefarmerdaughter

Reaction score
another from soapsupplies.net This one I'm very happy with! :D Suppose to be red white and black (like a White Stripes album cover \m/(**)\m/) I chickened out on the amt of charcoal and wound up with gray. But I don't care 'cause it smells awesome!!

DSCF0471.jpg

I love it! I'm a HUGE White Stripes fan, so I love your inspiration for that. If you don't mind me asking, what type of colorant did you use for the red? It looks great!

excellent job! so nicely colored! can't wait for sliced pics, too! ss.net's lovespell and blackrasperry vanilla are some my favorites!

Your soaps look amazing! Fantastic swirls! Got any pointers on how to get such great swirls? Did you pour at a medium trace or a bit thinner?

How much charcoal do you think would be needed to get black, ie 1 tbsp ppo?

Your soaps look amazing! Fantastic swirls! Got any pointers on how to get such great swirls? Did you pour at a medium trace or a bit thinner?

How much charcoal do you think would be needed to get black, ie 1 tbsp ppo?

Thank you! I had intended a zebra swirl. I personally like to do those at a very thin trace. I realize my trace was just a bit too thick for that, at a medium. But I went ahead a poured in that style any way. Down the length of the mold in alternating colors, at a height of 8-10 inches above the mold. Then I swirled in the mold with a spoon handle. On the charcoal I've used a tablespoon ppo and gotten a dark gray

Back