Looky what I found

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a mold hoarder. I have two totes filled and a good chunk of them are from Goodwill. I have that same exact bee mold that I found at Goodwill too. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the ice cream cone mold and train molds when I saw it. Now I tell myself, if it's cute and less than $3. Just take it home. Chances are you are gonna want it at some point and way better than paying full price or waiting on eBay.

$T2eC16J,!ygE9s7HHoJMBRW1Nzbt-!~~60_35.JPG

I found those little mini Captain Morgan ones for 50 cents. I've been meaning to see how the detail and everything will look. I wanted to use them for little toppers to a bayrum soap. Maybe I shall pour some MP in there tonight and see how it goes.

Last edited:
What adorable molds :)

I found some for $1 at my local resale shop..they're pumpkins tho not critters

Oh, my gosh! FIVE DOLLARS!! I'll give you five dollars for that mold!! Plus shipping. That is too freaking cute!!

If you would like, next time I see this mold at Goodwill, I can pick it up and send it to you. I've seen it a couple more times since I bought mine.

For 1.99 at goodwill. One of the cutest molds I've ever seen:)

etsg0z.jpg

any suggestions on what size of batch to fill these? I was thinking 1 lb
2hicmio.jpg

I did my first few soap batches using that mold. The ladybug fits pretty nicely in my hands. Let me check when I get home for the exact weight of the lady bug and bee, but I remember being able to fit a 4oz batch of oils between the two of them.

I made a 1 lb batch today, it filled the mold and left me enough to fill my embed mold too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, Teresa, it is really expensive, espec. in the beginning. A bit better once you have all your basic molds/colorants/favorite FO's/additives. Although there is always that next thing that looks irresistible.

Back