Looking for the BEST Cotton Candy Fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetblings

Reaction score
Hello! I am so excited to have found this site! I am looking for the BEST Cotton Candy Fragrance Oil.....I want pure sugar, some that I have found smell more like strawberry. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks sooo much!

I just soaped the one from NG. One of our fellow forum members used it in a swap soap and it was amazing. Mine doesn't seem to smell as great as hers did but I'm super critical of my own soap. I HPed it on her recommendation. I think it may fade or otherwise misbehave in CP.

It smells delish OOB.

I 2nd Natures Garden.
But almost all the cotton candies that you find will have the strawberry smell, since most of them are a blend of strawberry & vanilla.

Wholesale Supplies Plus has a nice cotton candy. It discolors to brown in CP, though.

The NG one is VERY faint in soap, even at *more* than 1oz/PPO it barely smells at all. It's nice in other applications though. I've tried soaping it 3 times, and it's extremely faint and fades IMHO. Discolors to a medium/dark tan.
The WSP one smells good, but not as nice as the NG one. Have only soaped that one once when I was new to soaping and had some weird mishap, BUT I haven't tried again so it could have been my inexperience back then too, KWIM?

I'd be inclined to try the one from Majestic Mtn Sage. I've read it's a good Cotton Candy but probably goes tan or brown.

Sorry to bump up a somewhat old thread, but the folks who've soaped Candle Science's cotton candy... does it discolor? I have it on my shopping list, but not sure about buying it yet.

bettacreek said:
Sorry to bump up a somewhat old thread, but the folks who've soaped Candle Science's cotton candy... does it discolor? I have it on my shopping list, but not sure about buying it yet.

Yes it does turn light brown. I believe that most cotton candy's will turn brown since they have vanillin in them.

No it doesn't discolor I have some I made about 5 months ago and used BB Bubblegum coloring and it's still a beautiful pink color with great CC smell.

Moonblossom said:
No it doesn't discolor I have some I made about 5 months ago and used BB Bubblegum coloring and it's still a beautiful pink color with great CC smell.

Weird, mine turned light brown.

fayt said:
I haven't tried that fragrance, but this company has it for a very low price and free shipping on $30 or more.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Pr ... ce+Oil+496

It's not free shipping on $30 or more. Shipping has been added to the price of the product. A member posted that her order didn't reach the minimum and she was charged the extra amount to reach it. However, this occurred awhile back and they may have changed it. They may now just refuse to accept the order until you meet the minimum.

fayt said:
A Vanilla Stabilizer should prevent that from happening.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/St ... Stabilizer

Have you actually used this stabilizer?

I've used it. Unless they've changed it to improve the product, it doesn't prevent browning from FOs with a high vanilla content. But first it turns an ugly pinkish brown. The Cotton Candy FO has 9% vanilla content.

When I called WSP's customer service to tell them my soap was turning brown, I was told next time to double the recommended amount. I wasn't about to double the amount considering the cost of this product. I have learned to love brown.

To be fair, WSP does have some good prices on some supplies. You just have to compare prices. They have some FOs and supplies that I still buy from them.

I would never use the stabilizer. Not only cost, but I try to keep as much junk out of my product as possible. For vanilla soap, I just chalk it up to vanilla bean (which is dark brown), and for other scents, I add colorant, lol.

fayt said:
Yes it is free shipping now. Look at this:
http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Fr ... ogram.aspx

As for the stabilizer, I haven't been in soap making long enough to tell, but heard great things about it.

It's not really free shipping. I know it says that it is, but what they actually did was increased their prices on the products to offset the shipping. We all saw them do it. That's why your order needs to be over $30, so it actually pays for the shipping. There's nothing wrong with a company doing that, but claiming that it's free when it's not is what's annoying.

And their stabilizer, like was already said, does not always work. But, I don't think there is a vanillin stabilizer out there that works every time and keeps it from turning color eventually.

Latest posts

Back