lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausfrau007

Reaction score
What I meant to do:
LOL1.jpg

What happened instead:
LOL2.jpg

lol, didn't know my own strength!

What's your latest booboo?

Sometimes, in my excitement, I forget to line my molds before pour. DOH! :x
I usually mix my lye solution, line my molds while that's cooling, and then melt my hard oils and mix them with my soft oils before soaping.
On numerous occasions, I have forgotten to line my molds, and realize as I'm pouring 12 pounds of soap that it's gonna be a b*@!h to remove later...which is followed by a slew of curses that surely would cause the most seasoned sailor to blush... :evil:
Or the times when I have great mountainous swirly tops...and then crush them with plastic wrap. (more curses) :evil:
Or when I try to unmold my perfect salt bars too soon and ruin the edges. (a few curses) :evil:
Or when I forget that I was going to do a funnel swirl as I'm dumping the said 12 pounds of soap into their molds. (a few more curses) :evil:
Or when I've infused an oil specifically for soaping, and forget to use the infusion and instead use "Plain Old Olive Oil". :evil: (maybe not cursing, but foot stomping)

Shall I continue, or is that enough of a trip down my shame spiral? :oops:

Thats the most handmade bar of soap I've ever seen. :D i frequently try and unmould and cut soap before its time....interesting textures and shapes is what I get :roll:

So far my biggest booboo has been making a batch of soap & then realizing that I didn't have a mold to pour it into! I ended up cutting the tops off of some empty plastic Crafters Choice oil bottles & using them for molds! :lol:

Back