Something to go with Earth Meets Sky

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Originally I was in love with this fo. It is just too strong. I am not feeling the love these days…

I made my latest soap intended for soap curls out of it at half strength, but still so strong to me. So i want to make my main soap batter out of something else. What do you think would pair nice with it? Fruity? Citrus?

Just trying to tone down the hippy

Originally I was in love with this fo. It is just too strong. I am not feeling the love these days…

I made my latest soap intended for soap curls out of it at half strength, but still so strong to me. So i want to make my main soap batter out of something else. What do you think would pair nice with it? Fruity? Citrus?

Just trying to tone down the hippy
Patchouli 🤣 🤣 🤣

Maybe a floral - do you have any Grim Reaper left? Citrus could be nice, but might not compete too well. Maybe eucalyptus or something with some fir or cypress notes.

I have the same FO, and I feel the same way you do. I'm just not a patchouli person.

I'd suggest something creamy-clean, creamy-citrus, bright not sweet citrus like lemongrass or litsea, bright almost sharp fruit like green fig, watery/ozone, or black or green tea. Fruity might fight it, woody might make it too heavy, and anything sweet might become cloying or smell like cheap incense.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Well i dont have any grim reaper left. Although that would be a good pair. Good memory lol.

I am not against patch. Its actually always been one of my favs, unless my nose changed along with my hot flashes lol. Which is quite possible. I dunno.

I am thinking citrus. I have some lime left.

Latest posts

Back