List to do or what's your plans?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginka

Reaction score
I am fairly new to this hobby, but enjoining it a lot ( my DH would say too much!). And I have long list of soaps and ingredients, that I want to try. Partially my recent and planned projects related to skin issues, that my family has: very long and dry winter makes everybody feel like raisins, plus my teenager fites acne. So I just finished last night face bar with coconut milk and green French clay. I am infusing OO with nettle, rosemary and lemon peel for shampoo bar. Another project will be sea salt bar, and "simple lye soap", inspired by one of this forum's thread.
So I wanted to ask you, guys, how you do that? Pure hobbyist, how you decide what to do next? And business holders, how you plan your next batch?

As a hobbyist with hopes to sell in the future, I sort of go by what our family's skin needs are, ask friends what they would like to see in a soap, try out a few luxury bars, and the need to just challenge myself with new things gives me some ideas too. Salt bars have been great for my skin, just like a day in the ocean. I want to give a castile soap a try just to test my patience!

It's fun! And addicting. :)

That's a good question! In deciding what to do next, sometimes I am inspired by what I see on this forum. Sometimes, I get ideas just lookng at other sites. My daughter has recently been into my soapmaking, and she is all about swirling colors. She wants to be daring, while I am more conservative. I also like trying to match colors and fragrance. These are just some of the things that inspire me, I'm sure it's different for each person.

I'm really new at soap making (6 batches so far). I'm still trying different recipes and tweaking them to fit my skin type. I don't plan to sell my soaps, but when I get better at controlling the results I do plan to give some as gifts.

I use buttermilk and a 7% superfat in my soap for dry skin. I do not use CO I use PKO.. I find Co very drying to my skin.

I guess I'd have to say I get mst of my inspiration from this forum. But I also listen to what friends want/need. Oh, and of course what Hubby wants and needs, too. ;)

I want to try so many things that I've started making a list. It's the only way to keep me focused plus it helps me plan because my list includes notes on what I want to do and how I want to do it. But every time I see everyones lovely soaps and read what other soapers have done, my list keeps getting longer :shock:

I have been following Soaping101 and I usually try her projects for soap. I make our own deodorants, shampoo and my own hand dishwashing liquid.

Latest posts

Back