Liquid silk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi soapers hope you are having a great soaping day. Have anyone ever tried soaping with liquid silk or silk threads. Does it make a big difference in the texture of your soap and the way it feels on the skin?

I use tussah silk in all my batches except my vegan soap. To me it adds some extra slip and silky feel to the soap. I've never used liquid silk but it's been discussed in previous posts over time. I bought 4 ounces of silk 9 years ago and still using the same bag. I put about a cottonball size stretched out into my water and let it soak a bit then add my lye.

I use tussah silk in all of my soaps except 100% lard soaps, and use the same process as @shunt2011 described. It does add a silky, slippery feeling to the soap. Some like it, some don't. I really like it except in 100% lard soap, where it felt slimy.

A little bit does go a really long way, so I'd recommend buying the smallest amount you can find.

I use tussah silk in all my batches except my vegan soap. To me it adds some extra slip and silky feel to the soap. I've never used liquid silk but it's been discussed in previous posts over time. I bought 4 ounces of silk 9 years ago and still using the same bag. I put about a cottonball size stretched out into my water and let it soak a bit then add my lye.
Thank you for the feedback

I use tussah silk in all of my soaps except 100% lard soaps, and use the same process as @shunt2011 described. It does add a silky, slippery feeling to the soap. Some like it, some don't. I really like it except in 100% lard soap, where it felt slimy.

A little bit does go a really long way, so I'd recommend buying the smallest amount you can find.
Thank you for the feedback

Latest posts

Back