liquid beeswax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryavi

Reaction score
Question! I have a bottle of liquid beeswax (Murrays) that I picked up somewhere thinking it was only beeswax. I looked on the ingredients and it has: soybean oil, beeswax, trea tree leaf oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, jojoba seed oil, olive oil, canola oil, sweet almond oil, menthol, vitamin E, corn oil and fragrance in it. I have no idea how much of anything but it all sounds soooo good in soaps! Can I use this as a superfatting additive at the trace without it affecting the lye amounts? I think I will try it; just need some encouragement! Or if someone knows why I should NOT do it, please tell me!
Mary

It sounds really nice to put in soap. If you add it into your soap and not into your calculator it will make your super fat % higher. How much do you want to add to what size batch? If it is a small amount and your super fat is low, like 5%, it would be fine.

I am using a 30 oz fats recipe - 40 with the lye water so its not a very big one. How much do you think I should add?

Latest posts

Back