lip scrub project

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonQueenHHP

Reaction score
so I have been toying with lip scrubs today and have come up with a formula I think I am happy with basically I took my lip balm recipe and lowered the beeswax amount added the sugar while it was still warm, this made the sugar less rough and still had a nice blend to it as I am not a big fan of the really oily ones :D
[attachment=0:2eoe6j23]46815.jpg[/attachment:2eoe6j23]

Attachments

• 46815.jpg
    46815.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 327
I looked at that link and she says it will only last two weeks if refrigerated. I wonder why she says that. There's nothing in there that will spoil.

brown sugar
honey
coconut oil

that's it.

Hey all! :D

I've got a lip scrub in my line, and I'm wondering about that link, too. I don't understand why it would be kept in the fridge to begin with? (Is that a stupid question? lol) As far as I know, they only time preservation is necessary is when there are water based ingredients, and that has none. I could be wrong on that, am I? In the lip scrub recipe I have, I use a blend of fruit butters and sugar or a bit of orange powder.

DragonQueenHHP said:
so I have been toying with lip scrubs today and have come up with a formula I think I am happy with basically I took my lip balm recipe and lowered the beeswax amount added the sugar while it was still warm, this made the sugar less rough and still had a nice blend to it as I am not a big fan of the really oily ones :D

I make my lip scrubs the same way, just a slightly modified lip balm recipe. I have tried both brown sugar and raw sugar. I think so far raw sugar is my favorite =)

SimplyMadison said:
Hey all! :D

I've got a lip scrub in my line, and I'm wondering about that link, too. I don't understand why it would be kept in the fridge to begin with? (Is that a stupid question? lol) As far as I know, they only time preservation is necessary is when there are water based ingredients, and that has none. I could be wrong on that, am I? In the lip scrub recipe I have, I use a blend of fruit butters and sugar or a bit of orange powder.

Honey contains water. Honey mixed with sugar and exposed to fingers can spoil very quickly. HTH!

This is what I found on honey -

Nectar itself is composed mainly of sucrose and water. Bees add enzymes that create additional chemical compounds, inverting the sucrose into fructose and glucose, and then evaporate the water so that the resulting product will resist spoiling.
Hence, honey is a source of carbohydrates, containing

* 80% natural sugar -- mostly fructose and glucose. Due to the high level of fructose, honey is sweeter than table sugar.

* 18% water. The less water content the honey has, the better the quality of honey.

* 2% minerals, vitamins, pollen and protein.

Latest posts

Back