Lining molds with freezer paper

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
I've been lining my wooden box molds with freezer paper.

I'm starting to get pretty good at it where my shape is consistent, but I'm getting rounded corners on the bottom of the loaf instead of nice square ones.

Anyone else have this problem when lining with freezer paper?

Fortunately the corners are symmetric and look good, but it is not my intent.

Mine are like that as well. It is hand crafted after all so it is not going to be like commercial soap. Maybe I am not fussy enough but it doesn't bother me.

Nice!! That is very similar to how I have been lining my molds. Only difference is I have been cutting the other dimension and using tape.

I usually have luck if I use a bone folder or my fingernail to make the creases really sharp.

Sometimes I get rounded corners if the freezer paper is too loose or too tight in the mold.

Or you can plane the bars.

I just cut two pieces. One the length and one the width each with enough to go over the tops a bit. I cut 3-4 at a time and just keep reusing them. Fortunately I use silicone lined molds most times but I have a couple that have to be lined. I get straight corners and no work to line.

There's also this in the stickies on the forum:

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/lining-wooden-molds-part-1.30362/

I use a template for my lined molds when I need to line them. I get sharp edges if, as others have said, the folds are crisp.

I prefer my silicone molds however, so rarely have to line a mold.

Back