Life gets in the way of soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
I hate it when life and responsibilities get in the way of my soaping!!! I love all things soap. It's not as if I'm addicted or anything but I just want to think soap and make soap. I want my house to clean itself (and I want it to be clean.) I want my husband to be waiting in the shadows if I need him but otherwise stay out of the way when I'm making soap. Is that too much to ask?

Ha! That's a good one! In my dream world the kitchen would be clean enough for me to make soap on Saturday mornings! But the way it actually turns out is that I spend an hour just getting all of the stuff out of my way! Then I have all of my chores that also have to get done. Laundry, shopping, cooking, and the after clean up. Soaping ain't for the faint of heart that's for sure! Lol!

Yup! By the time all the responsibilities are done, and all the random things that have popped up are handled, I'm in too much pain and have no energy left for soaping. SO frustrating! Soaping is a business for me and I need to figure out how to "leave for work" and ignore all the household stuff. Just haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Me too. My fibromyalgia doesn't like this weather and it's all I can do to go to work and do some light stuff around the house (maybe) and I want soooo bad to make soap this week... I will just have to soap vicariously through y'all. lol

(Nope, no soaping addiction here, not at all... umm)

I hear ya. Kids will be like "What's for dinner?'', I'll be like "OMG we just did that last night, you want it again?" So frustrating. Just want to make soap.

*For those that haven't yet had kids, they don't work out as minions. Nope.

Back