Leather FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marghewitt

Reaction score
Who has the best Leather FO? I was invited to set up a booth at a Biker/Tattoo fundraiser in 5 weeks ;-) Any other scent suggestions are welcome . . . .

I've tried it. To me it's got an earthy leatherish scent.

That's the only plain leather I've ever tried. I've tried leather & lace from tayloredconcepts that smelled pretty good for a feminine leather scent.

I use BCN's Leather. It is spot on. I have friends who are in an alternative lifestyle and they ADORE this scent, they love it so much I have to make my BFF a batch all of her own LOL DayStar's Saddle Shop is a close second.

I use BCN's Leather. It is spot on. I have friends who are in an alternative lifestyle and they ADORE this scent, they love it so much I have to make my BFF a batch all of her own LOL DayStar's Saddle Shop is a close second.

Who is BCN?

I never would have thought of leather fo soap, but now that you mention it, I can think of several friends who would be delighted by it. I think it will sell great.

An acquaintance of mine makes nice soap as a hobby ... but, honestly, the one batch she made with leather fragrance smelled just awful. I wish I knew where she got the FO. The scent was a dusty, nose wrinkling odor of "clothes stored too long in a damp basement" with a twist of rancidity thrown in for good measure.

I hated to throw her otherwise nice bar out, but the smell was just too much to bear. And I, of all people, really do know what nice leather should smell like ... leather working is my occupation. :razz: --DeeAnna

I got my sample of Soapsupplies.net Leather Jacket and I don't like it. It smells like a cross between new leather car and plastic shower curtain. I hope that BB's is better. I am expecting that sample on the 27th.

Do let us know how your experimentation turns out. I'm now very curious about which supplier has the best Leather FO.

DayStar's Saddle Shop gets good reviews. I haven't tried it, but thought I would throw that out there. Good Lookin' Cowboy (DS) also smells a lot like leather, but I think it's been discontinued.

Jenny I was invited by a co-worker to use his space, he builds custom motorcycles. He asked me to label my hand creams B*tch Cream and I said no but I would consider calling them B*tch Rider Hand Cream. LOL. He said there are going to be a lot of models and photographers there putting together a magazine spread and he thought the ladies would like a place to hang out after all the pictures are done. I love him! I'm going to make some Mustache Wax to bring along with soap and lip balms. Wish me luck!

Jenny I was invited by a co-worker to use his space, he builds custom motorcycles. He asked me to label my hand creams B*tch Cream and I said no but I would consider calling them B*tch Rider Hand Cream. LOL. He said there are going to be a lot of models and photographers there putting together a magazine spread and he thought the ladies would like a place to hang out after all the pictures are done. I love him! I'm going to make some Mustache Wax to bring along with soap and lip balms. Wish me luck!

Thanks! There's no Leather f.o. to be had in Canada & BB's shipping costs are ridiculous. I'll have to be satisfied with "nature" scents. Maybe if I use leather thongs to wrap the soaps? Haven't heard back from the Reunion, but I'm really hoping to get it. It would be interesting, if nothing else.

You've inspired me. I've ordered some of the Daystar Saddle Soap FO and I'm going to try getting a nice black with some activated charcoal. I'm calling it Midnight Leather. Of course I'll call it many other things if it doesn't turn out well.

Miz Jenny, have you checked Village Craft and Candle? They're in Ontario (St Mary's) and they have a leather FO that's pretty good!

Back