Lather Soap Co.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On my way home from vacation we had a stop in the Atlanta airport and imagine my surprise to find a soap shop there, Lather. I was immediately drawn to the soaps. They smelled so awesome. The price not so much. :( $8 for a 4 oz bar. My husband said that was a rip off and ridiculous. I still bought a bar. I haven't made soap in a month :shock: and I just couldn't help myself. I consider it research. :)

I haven't tried the soap yet. I got Rosemary and Peppermint. Smells delish! I keep sniffing it lol! As if I haven't already sniffed hundreds of my own soap. Anyway, anyone else tried Lather? Thoughts? I checked out the website and it sounds like a great company. A lot of stuff that I aspire to that's for sure when we started in the soap making.

Things I didn't like first off. No ingredients list on the soap other than major info like made with olive oil and the essential oils (info is on the site). The sales chick didn't know a lot of answers to my questions (not that I expect her to since she doesn't make the stuff but sell it retail). And it was a bit pricey...

I ran by that store two weekends ago. I couldn't go in though or would have missed my connecting flight. :(

I am going to bet they have to charge more because of the rent they pay on their space at the airport. You can sell yours for 4,5,6 dollars a bar but if you were paying a couple thousand a month for a storefront you would have to raise your prices too.

i live right by the airport. i will have to go in and have a look. i have never seen them before and i spent a lot of time in the airport waiting on DH over the past year. i wonder how long they have been there.

I found their website:

http://www.lather.com/scripts/default.asp

Looks like they have two other main stores- one in Pasadena, CA and the other in Scottsdale, AZ. They also wholesale to boutiques and other stores.

The website shows the ingredients list for each bar of soap if you are still wondering about the other ingredients in the bar you bought.

As for the price- I agree with what Tabitha said.

IrishLass :)

I have seen this brand on-line before. They have some great looking stuff. I would have bought the soap! I am an Etsy-a-holic and most soap is going for $6 a bar now. Some of the really fancy looking stuff $7. Considering you were in the airport, I don't think you over paid. Anything in the airport is higher priced. After you sniff it to death and admire it, please use it and tell us how it is!

i finally broke down and started using the soap. Honestly, I don't think it is anything fabulous. Normally, when I use my own soap, the scent seems stronger in the shower. This was not. And the lather wasn't as bubbly as mine. I did notice it was softer than what I make so the different oils % lends to that or not as cured as long. In any event, I am a bit biased :D

My DH said he definitely didn't like square bars of soap. I wish I could have bought more stuff but he was freaking out over the price. I definitely think their price is justified for their market demographic. Their stuff seems more spa and upscale. I LOVE their packaging! I'm a graphic designer and the clean look.

This experience doesn't deter me from buying other people's soap. I love soap, anybody's!

i like their packaging, i am seeing that style a lot lately. i haven't tried their soap (or anything else) but i'll look for it.

When looking at the individual item descriptions, I see this note:

For every olive oil soap sold, LATHER will donate the equivalent of five bars of soap to Clean The World, a non-profit organization that recycles and distributes soap around the world to people in need.

Nice!

Clean The World is a wonderful, not-for-profit organization that takes donations of surplus, used or unused soap from hotels/motels and the handmade soapmaking community and recycles it- basically grinding it down, sterilizing it, reforming it into new bars, and then delivering the bars to disaster zones and people in need all around the world. Here is their website:

http://www.cleantheworld.org/

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back