lampwork beads

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooh, pretty beads. :D

What is the tree? That surely can't be a bead?? I have a thing for trees and that is beautiful. The little silver dots in the beads are so pretty are they really dots of silver or air bubbles? I want one!

Thank you! The tree bead has a base of ivory coloured glass, and the tree is sort of 'painted' on with a very fine strand of glass. The glass for the tree has a high silver content so I turn up the oxygen on my torch and bring the silver to the surface. Hope that explains it a bit!

Those are beautiful.ive wanted to try my hand in glass work but with two little ones in diapers ive got to limit my hobbies. Beautiful work though. I also really like the tree.

Very nice.
I love the colours u got with your boro.
Fellow lampworker here. Though its been a while with little kiddies in the house. I don't seem to get much quiet alone time anymore...
&&&&& its pretty much taken up with soap...laugh.

Will you silver core your boro???

nattynoo said:
Very nice.
I love the colours u got with your boro.
Fellow lampworker here. Though its been a while with little kiddies in the house. I don't seem to get much quiet alone time anymore...
&&&&& its pretty much taken up with soap...laugh.

Will you silver core your boro???

hi! It's actually just 104 soft glass, I haven't tried boro yet, but I am getting better at simulating it!
Yes, I core all my big hole beads :) I don't get a lot of time in my shed during the hols, but I'm back to it now the kids are back in school.

Thanks for all the lovely comments!

Yes I do, though I'm not great at keeping my online shop stocked up! I sell at a local market every month as well now, and it's become a juggling act.
Not sure on the rules of the forum for advertising, but my shop is the same as my forum name..

The beads are pretty (and the fish super cute) but that tree is amazing!

Very beautiful! I love the fish!! I have always wanted to try to make my own beads, but need to find a class or someone to teach me.

Back