Lackof choice in e/o?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fumanchu

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum but not new to M&P soaping. I've always used mainly f/o but am considering switching. Is it possible to get a wide enough range of soaps using only e/o? Compared to the huge choice of soap f/o there's not a lot of essential oils nice enough to want to wash in.. Could I have your ideas on it ? And ty :)

IMO, there are a lot of EOs that smell nice in soap. You an also make blends using EOs. Just Google EO blends for soap and you should come up with some combinations.

Is it possible to get a wide enough range of soaps using only e/o?

Heavens yes. Just because there are limited number of actual EOs, there are an unlimited number of 'blends' that you can make with them. ModernSoapMaking has an EO Calculator that allows you to choose three of 48 different EOs and then gives you a recipe containing them.

I usually use the suppliers recommended percentages unless it is a blend and then you will need to divide the percentage into parts.

I've ordered today. Getting lavender, rose geranium, lemon, lime, sweet orange. And some wee 10ml bottles of spearmint bergamot & may chang. That should get me started :)

Experiment with combos! Use cotton balls or makeup pads as inexpensive "test strips." Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back