Labeling ingredients

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle22033

Reaction score
I just made a batch of goats milk soap with fresh goat milk (not powdered) I froze the milk then added the lye to the cubes. I was then thinking about the ingredients, this is not a lye water mix, it is lye goat milk....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just made a batch of goats milk soap with fresh goat milk (not powdered) I froze the milk then added the lye to the cubes. I was then thinking about the ingredients, this is not a lye water mix, it is lye goat milk....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

put the goats milk where you would have put the water on the label

I think I was panicing :p After I thought about it calmly I realized this. I guess my train of thought was if you mix sodium hydroixde with oil/fat it changes into its own new product (soap) and was wondering what it would be called if lye and goats milk were combined :p

Thanks though

I think I was panicing :p After I thought about it calmly I realized this. I guess my train of thought was if you mix sodium hydroixde with oil/fat it changes into its own new product (soap) and was wondering what it would be called if lye and goats milk were combined :p

Thanks though

i'm not positive but I think what you put in, is the ingredient you put on the label , not what it turns into

example

: Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil , goats milk, sodium hydroxide

Say you add"sodium olivate" which is Olive oil soap to the label and you only put olive oil in , it will turn into sodium olivate but that's not what u added to the batch.

I could be wrong but that's my take on it.

LINDY on the forum has online workshops/course on labeling in Canada

http://www.oshun.ca/inci.html

i'm looking on take the course when i'm ready to start selling, have more research to do and testing.

Last edited:
Confirm the INCI names for your ingredients list -- from my understanding, it would be just "milk" not "goats milk" if you are using "what I put in the soap pot" method of listing ingredients. Your soap name or other product information could include the type of milk, though.

Back