Just need to get it out.....PICS POSTED !!!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried all the thool biocolors. They are all pretty amazing.

The green is by far my favorite because of the morphing - you could use infusions BUT these powders are great when you want to color quickly or separate and color just a little bit for swirling.

The red makes a beautiful pink unlike any clay or infusion and is very easy to use

The brown is a nice brown but it seems you can get brown from a plethora of other powders like cocoa or coffee or darker clays

They yellow is awesome BUT there is a trace of mica in it....it is the LAST ingredient in the powder and considering you need 0.2g for 12 lbs, the amount of mica is miniscule. I have a yellow turmeric extract powder which works as well giving a yellow that is similar but warmer and is much cheaper to purchase in bulk and I use that instead now.

I received these samples a while ago in an organics sampler package -
The only issue is that they are only sold by the kilogram - costs about 3- 4K per kilo HOWEVER, you only need to use 0.1 - 0.4grams in a 12 lb recipe making it very inexpensive per bar (about 1-4 cents per bar) but having to purchase in such a HUGE quantity deters me from doing so.

I am totally willing to set up a co-op purchase once I have been here a full 3 months IF enough people are interested. It would not be all that cost effective for the hobbyist but more for the bulk soaper or someone who has a resale business and will use these colors often.

Back