Just made creamy LS ???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherylMoore

Reaction score
Just followed the creamy cocoa LS directions and recipe. This is my first time to make LS. It went perfectly and I even got the Lawerence Welk bubbles.
Then it turned to hard to whisk. It now looks like mashed potatoes? It’s been 2 hours and it’s 92degrees. What did I do wrong? Actually, I don’t know what to do with it. Advice anyone.

5FEDB11D-3D20-4441-AA9B-E51AAEBE6592.jpeg
Here is photo of what it looks 2 hours later?

Nothing's wrong at the moment. That sometimes happens. Put a lid on it and leave it alone. It will continue to "do its thing." Check it in the morning.

Not knowing what's in the recipe makes it difficult to troubleshoot. Can you provide a link to the "creamy cocoa LS directions and recipe"?

Here is the recipe link. https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/my-creamy-cocoa-shea-gls-tutorial.57974/

I measured out everything in the recipe. Then I added the same compliment of water to the KOH in her method. Then I added this to the glycerin. Made sure to mix it then added it to my pot of oils. It went as the tutorial said and I whisked with bubbles. Then it went like picture and still is but little harder

Ah hah! That's Irish Lass's tutorial! Click on the link you provided above; click on the picture of her avatar; click on "start a conversation"; send her the link to this thread. She should be along shortly. :)

I'd help you but I've never made IL's LS. She's really the best person to ask -- she's great with explaining things too, so you get a better understand of the process. ;)

Thank you, I followed your directions. My soap still looks like mashed potatos but, hard. I did a Pheno test and it's clear. I also did a water test and it came out clear. So not really sure if it's okay to dilute.
Cheryl

Thank you, I followed your directions. My soap still looks like mashed potatos but, hard. I did a Pheno test and it's clear. I also did a water test and it came out clear. So not really sure if it's okay to dilute.
You're welcome, Cheryl. It won't hurt to wait for Irish to show up. Normally, I would say, go ahead and dilute, but I'm hesitant because of the mashed-potato stage... this is just me, but I would wait 1-2 weeks to see if it becomes clear/translucent like Vaseline. Then you'll know for sure if it's fully saponified before diluting and have a better result.

Last night I finally was able to dilute my paste and add all the goodies in. Warmed it up in the water bath, stick blended it and it got hard again. So I added a little more distilled water and let it set and then mixed by hand and it turned out beautiful! Now I added some oils to it and bottled it. Great recipe. Thank you all.

Latest posts

Back