Liquid soap colorants

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been addressed. I am sure it has, but I started combing through 71 threads on this forum, did a search and combed through 8 from newest to last then oldest to newest LOL. In my defense, I usually get more tired earlier than that because I stink at searches LOL.

Anyway...liquid soap colorants. I just started making LS, more specifically @IrishLass Creamy Cocoa-Shea LS, which I am falling in love with. I screwed up my first batch a little by dropping it LOL, but it is fixable with a little polysorbate 80. I am starting over because I want a solid recipe to sell. So I am on a second batch.

I just made another paste. Not sure I want to color the soap at all. I kinda like the creamy color all by its own self. I am definitely on the cusp of just leave it creamy white or color it or coloring it.

So if I DID decide to color it....what do I use? I found a few dyes, but I think they are specific for traditional LS. This one is on the thicker side.

Either way, I would like opinions on ways to color your LS, creamy or not.

And if it's it a thicker consistency, how do you incorporate it so that it is even? Asking because when I had to add polysorbate 80 to my last batch to keep it from separating, it was a pita to get it mixed in, so I imagine that trying to get color even would be a pita too.

I've successfully used the liquid colours from Voyageur. One thing to keep in mind is that your soap has some colour already; you need to work with it. For instance, I wanted the one on the right to be green but because the soap was more yellow, I had to add blue to get the colour I wanted.

The orange one is made with red palm oil and the one on the left is very lightly coloured with a bit of green.

Attachments

• Liquid x3.png
    Liquid x3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back