June SMF Challenge Entry Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all!

Please post at least one picture of your sci-fi themed soap along with a brief explanation of how your soap represents it. You can provide a lengthy explanation if you like, along with technique, colors, scent etc... but the bare minimum is enough info that we can see how you interpreted your subject into the bar.

Thanks for participating!

Thread will close in 1 week.

I chose to do a soap based on the movie Avatar. The technique is a tiger stripe to represent the skin, and the gold accent was added to represent the eye color. I included some super sparkles mica as well, but it isn't very visible in the photo. The micas are all custom blends, and the fragrance is Anarchy from Nurture.
JuneAvatar.jpg

Pax and Gaius helped me make Dino soap this week, in honor of the series Firefly. They haven't watched it yet, but they have seen the clip of Wash playing with his dinosaur figures. I am including their interpretation of that scene.

The soap is colored with green and red oxides, Caribbean Blue (BB), orange mica, and turmeric. Scented with a little frankincense and rosemary EOs.

IMG_20180621_164029.jpeg
IMG_20180621_164047.jpeg

Oh my you are such an artist. That is a wonderful hand carved creation for the 5th Element!

It seems like it was "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" that my kids played with their lightsabers. My soap was made in memory of those young Jedi.
I cut the designs out of fun foam and put them in the bottom of a round cavity mold and poured the soap (colored with activated charcoal) over them. After removing the soap from the mold I painted the indented areas with pitch black and the raised areas with silver graphite mica, both from Micas and More. I rimmed and embellished the soaps with clear M&P with holographic glitter in it. The scent is Glitter from nature's garden, it behaved well and smelled nice in the bottle but I guess I'm just not a fan of many of the florals in soap. :smallshrug:

42226135574_dfdd6a310f.jpg

42894719902_7d2f2b5182.jpg
41134456490_bf7fe04ffb.jpg

They are as close as I could get to four of the Star Wars emblems/symbols:
Rebel Alliance
Galactic Empire
Galactic Republic
Jedi Order

“Remember…the Force will be with you, always.”
vader.gif

Last edited:
edited to change photos

View attachment 30906 Ok got it figured and here is my soap. I wanted to redo it and did it twice. This will have to do as I've run out of time. Melt and pour and patience which I'm in short supply of currently!

Here are two made last night that I like even better. Time and patience. Photo without natural sun light. I'll try to get a photo in natural light sometime today.
Nebula 20180627_101248.jpg
Nebula shpd 20180627_101232.jpg

From a galaxy far far away Nebula Soap.

Last edited:
I re-sent it. I tried it myself several times and it has worked every time. It is case sensitive and won't work if you accidentally put in a space or a period or anything else.

Last edited:
My ninth try moments ago worked. What a wonder. Yes it was case sensitive I was told it was a small letter, then I was told it was a capital letter and I tried them all copy and paste, typed by hand, written down and typed by hand again. So something worked hurray.

Everything I sent out was with a capitol letter to start, so I'm not sure how the lower case got in the mix, but that did not come from me. I'm glad you were finally able to vote.

Everything I sent out was with a capitol letter to start, so I'm not sure how the lower case got in the mix, but that did not come from me. I'm glad you were finally able to vote.
Well the post following your post by artemis I believe said the the "r" was lower case. Where artemis got that idea I don't know and why the post wasn't correct I don't know newbie. I try to follow instructions.

Well the post following your post by artemis I believe said the the "r" was lower case. Where artemis got that idea I don't know and why the post wasn't correct I don't know newbie. I try to follow instructions.
I "got that idea" by trying uppercase, failing, then succeeding with the lowercase. I mentioned it in a reply to the message so newbie would know to fix it. The next reply was that it was fixed. That's all I know. But it's over now, and votes are being counted.

Well I understatnd the need for the voting system passwords and such. I don't know who is in charge but appreciate everyone's efforts. My only suggestion would be an easier password I have fat fingers!

Latest posts

Back