Isopropyl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a search, but after the 5th page i gave up.

anyway. Since rubbing alcohol was hard to come by, i learned to embrace the soda ash as some have suggested. And on some of my bars, it really does look nice. But on others, like my darker ones or top-decorated ones, i really dont want it AT ALL.

Can i use 70% that i can buy at the store, or should it really be 91-99%?

anyway. Since rubbing alcohol was hard to come by, i learned to embrace the soda ash as some have suggested. And on some of my bars, it really does look nice. But on others, like my darker ones or top-decorated ones, i really dont want it AT ALL.

The numbers for isopropyl alcohol represent the amount of alcohol to water. 70% alcohol 30% water. For mild cases of ash I use 70% and lightly wipe the ash off. The reason why people use the 90% or higher alcohol is so that you don't have extra water sitting on your soap and it evaporates faster out of MP soap when you use it to mix your mica.

I just couldn’t get it to stop on some of my loafs. So, my last few I took the whole darn loaf and rinsed the top with warm water. It worked GREAT!

Latest posts

Back