Is there an app for that?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musiccitysuds

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there is using an iphone app for soapmaking (or candlemaking or essential oils) that they're fond of. I can't seem to find any interesting ones thumbing through the app store, but there HAS to be some out there, right? Any suggestions or recommendations?

Brambleberry has their lye calc for iphones and Android market. There are a few others I see in the Android Market, but I havnt tried any of them out. I prefer writting on my printout :) I scrap(book) all my recipe tries with a nice and neat recipe card, a sliver of a sample and my notes. I tuck the oil ladden, scribbled on soap calc printout in a pocket behind the recipe card. LOL And there I go jumping off the topic train... Choo choo!

Jaime

Because of your post I checked the app store there are a few, there's even soapcalc! (so happy about this!), I'm trying it now, there's also a soapcalc pro, which I might consider in the future. The free soapcalc seems good, first you only bit annoying you can't give amounts in % (which I prefer when working at a new recipe)

Just found it out myself ^^ not sure what the differences between normal and pro are though.... And there's an app "soap diy" (or something like that) but I don't know that much about it

I have BB's app but to be honest it's kinda a pain in the butt to soap off of your phone. Mine keeps turning off or going to the screan saver so I have to keep opening the app back up. I'd rather have a printed recipe. Then I can jot down my notes and all of that.

I don't know. It didn't do much for me.

Back