Is my soap pot jinxed???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapart

Reaction score
:sad: After a catalogue of disasters/errors this week, I am beginning to think my soap pot is cursed.

On Sunday, I made a Castille batch that turned a bit crumbly (I posted about that earlier in the week) . I also made a Bastille batch that started out a beautiful cream colour now appears to be turning pinky/orange :eh:

Then last night I did some swirly experiments and when I unmoulded it today it appeared to be weeping lye along the bottom, got my first zap (which was FUN!!!) I had used a reliable recipe and double checked my scales and weights as I always do. The only thing I did differently was soap at a lower temp :eh:

Does anyone know how to get this curse lifted, I'll pay good money????

LOL! :lolno: I feel your pain. That is so frustrating!

I had a long run with a cursed pot of lavender soap. Every dang time I made it, some kind of major - primarily cosmetic - disaster ensued. I almost gave up on lavender soap. But I soldiered on and the curse was finally lifted! But I did have to walk away from it for a few weeks.

Maybe you could get a bundle of sage to burn over your pot to drive the soap demon out ;-)

I think that happens to everyone at one point or another. Don't fret because this too shall pass. A few months ago I was having issue after issue with tried and true recipes. My problem was changing my methods and temps from what I know works.

Take a few days off and really evaluate what likely went wrong. Doing detective work pays off and helps eliminate the chance of having the same issues.

Here's hoping that soap pot of yours sorts itself out soon!

Latest posts

Back