Is Midwest Fragrance's Espresso similar to Brambleberry's Espresso Fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love BB's Espresso and just got online to order some and learned that it's out of stock. Has anyone use Espresso fragrance from Midwest and know if it would be a good substitute? How 'bout one from WSP? Is there another from somewhere else you'd recommend as very similar?

I'm curious about the same thing, and hope there is someone around who has tried both. In the meantime, have you tried BB's Cafe Latte? It doesn't seem quite as "deep" as Espresso but has the advantage of not discoloring much at all! I saw a soapmaker on Instagram a few years ago who made a bar with layers of the different BB coffee & cafe scents, and the Cafe Latte she put on top was quite light (maybe with TD, don't know). Might be nice to blend with just a little Dark Roast Coffee (which has a note of hazelnut that doesn't appeal to me*) or perhaps a chocolate...

But would love to know your verdict about the Midwest Espresso, should you decide to try it!

*just because I don't care for nutty scents in general, and very much dislike hazelnut flavoring in coffee

I haven't tried BB's Cafe Latte, and it's sold out as well. I've been wanting to try Midwest so that would have been my excuse, but I'm considering ordering Caramel Coffee from Nurture since I get my micas from them and need some more anyway.

BB's Espresso is the only coffee fragrance I've used, and I just love it. It would be perfect if it didn't discolor, but I can work with that. And although BB cautions that it accelerates, I haven't found that to be true. It's a little quick, but not enough to be a problem.

Latest posts

Back