Interesting list of ingredients

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I don't have any mango butter, how would this work? Would it be just as nice? would this be good for dry skin?

70% coconut oil
15% cocoa butter
15% shea butter

Goat milk as my liquid
super-fat it at 15%.

Would someone have any input about this question? I would like to try it, but don't want to waste the materials if it will not work out.

It will work in the fact that it will turn into soap but I don't know how it will be on dry skin. Personally I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't like the original recipe either. I just don't like that much butters in soap, especially coco, it dries me out.

If you do try the recipe posted above, use a 15% superfat to counter act the high amount of coconut oil.

Also, don't forget using goat's milk will increase the SF above the 15% you'll start with. Depending on the amount you use and the fat grams per ml/oz it could raise it several more %. With 70% CO that's not a bad thing, just something to be aware of. :)

I think the recipe looks good and I'd give it a go to see what you think of it!

Also, don't forget using goat's milk will increase the SF above the 15% you'll start with. Depending on the amount you use and the fat grams per ml/oz it could raise it several more %. With 70% CO that's not a bad thing, just something to be aware of. :)

I think the recipe looks good and I'd give it a go to see what you think of it!

OK, Thx! I will give it a whirl!

Good point about the GM...never considered that aspect. No wonder my GM soaps with 15% SF were so spongy and soft!

Latest posts

Back