Quantcast

insurance

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

breathenatural

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Do any of you have insurance for your business and do you mind telling me some info so I can compare?

Just wondering what they need to know, approx how much coverage, how much approx it will cost....

Let me know, thanks so much for any feedback!
Jill

Birdie

Reaction score
I don't know what state you are in but Auto-Owners covers small home-based businesses for around $400 a year in a limited amount of states.

Also if you are old enoough and join the AARP :lol: they have ins for around the same amount.

breathenatural

Reaction score
I am in Canada- so I am not sure I am able to join the Guild. From what I read, I can join, but not get insurance.

$500, seems about right. Thanks everyone

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
Please read over your homeowners policy as well, some will cancel you if you have a biz in your home. Just FYI from your Nationwide agent :)

mare61

Reaction score
I'm in Canada and this question came up before. At the farmers market that I attended last week an insurance lady came by and handed out a brochure about a crafters policy that her insurance company offers. It costs $ 150/year (it would cover 10 shows a year with 2'000'000 Liablity and 5'000 in damages).
The company is Larry Grummett Insurance in Clifford Ont. I will have to call her and find out what area they cover.

mcleodnaturals

Reaction score
mare61 said:
I'm in Canada and this question came up before. At the farmers market that I attended last week an insurance lady came by and handed out a brochure about a crafters policy that her insurance company offers. It costs $ 150/year (it would cover 10 shows a year with 2'000'000 Liablity and 5'000 in damages).
The company is Larry Grummett Insurance in Clifford Ont. I will have to call her and find out what area they cover.
That's interesting to know...do they only cover local businesses? Do you have contact info or a website you could post/pm me? I'm in Alberta and I'm still looking for some type of insurance too!

thx!
:D

breathenatural

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your responses..got some great information here to look into!

thenaturalway

Reaction score
Soapmaker Man said:
The link to The Soap Gild and insurance through them, which is great, thanks DFP. Bomba Insurance ia another insurer a LOT of soapers use, and they are located in California. Here is their link;

http://www.bombainsurance.com/

Paul :wink:
I looked into bomba insurance. Their annual price was VERY reasonable. They quoted me about $314 per year. Definitely looking into obtaining insurance through them.