Ingredients for the Aussies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galavanting Gifts

Reaction score
I noticed what I suspect to be a m&p goats milk soap at the chemist the other day, could somebody please list all the basic necessary ingredients one would need to make this.

The reason I ask is because when I have recieved my goatsmilk m&p bases from various suppliers they have a long list of ingredients supplied, HOWEVER the list on these gm m&p soaps is very minimal which left me wondering if ALL the ingredients used were being listed.

List of their ingredients:
Corn oil,
corn kernal oil, glycerine,
palm oil? goatsmilk,
thats all I think, should anything else be added into this ingredients list by Australian standards?

l'm just wondering, is it possible it could be cp soap instead and they've just left out the lye?

Gabie, that had crossed my mind but shouldn't they be listing the lye as an ingredient or is that not compulsery by australian standards? also the soap was wrapped in glad wrap which made me think it was m&m, if it is are they supposed to list all m&p ingredients on the back?

hmmm, yeah, you have a point...
l saw some soaps at my chemist too and immediately assumed they were mp, just cause they looked like it. (the transparent bits) and l don't think they had any ingredients listed on them LOL.

l don't know very much about aussie labelling requirements (and l know l should, since l sell my soaps, but l DO list everything on the label anyway) but from what l read, there are a lot of ppl who don't list the lye in their soaps. Because technically it's not in there since the chemical reaction uses it all up to produce the soap, and there should be no free lye left if it's good soap.

But l dunno, it doesn't seem right to me to not list it, l usually just say my oils are 'saponified', but it depends what mood l'm in, and if anyone asks me directly l would always launch into an explanation of how how it all works ;-)

which doesn't really answer your question :oops: !!! But l have noticed a lot of etsy sellers being sort of 'creative' with their MP ingredients list too!

and l just thought of something else...
l wonder if they use imported mp base because l'm sure there are some pretty fab usa ones that we don't see here much... that have a lot less of those chemical sounding ingredients in them...

Thanks Gabbie for your reply, I re read my post, oh my goat, my spelling was atrocious lol, so much stress this last week (we lost two of our quality goats, Dumpling my little soap eating doeling being one of them :cry: ).

I think I will likely contack the makers of this soap and ask them what kind of soap it is they are selling, I looked up the name of it on line but it gives no help.

Back