In the oven now...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
As per some suggestions from an earlier post of mine, I made this tonight. No other reason than I wanted to experiment with a higher lard recipe. No colors and only a blend of FO. I added 2 tsp. sugar and sodium lactate and the reason I went with 4.2 oz of mango butter is 'cause it's what I had left and wanted to use it up. I'm also trying a higher super fat level than I have in the past just to see if I like it. Hoping for nice soap!

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 12.18.54 AM.jpg

That balance of mango butter and coconut oil (along with high lard) will be particularly nice when humidity and temps are low. So if by chance your first impression of this soap isn't great, just tuck it away til next winter. Keep us posted along the way; I'd like to know what you think of it.

I just removed from the mold and cut and, since I'm totally impatient, I tried some to wash my hands with and I LOVE it. The bubbles were big and fluffy and it felt slick and creamy. I have hard water and the amount of bubbles impressed me especially for a soap that's barely a day old. If this is going to get better in a couple of months I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back