I'm in LOVE with silicone/rubber molds!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jola

Reaction score
OMG!
I have a regular plastic soap mold that is a pain!!
Then I did the PVC, lil bit difficult.

but the silicone/rubbery type! AMAZING, the stuff pops right out of there! I thought I would have a problem because the wells were a bit deep (I had hearts and stars) and they came right out! So exciting! They are my prettiest soaps yet!
And I got the molds for 49 cents each at a thrift store! yay!

x

btw, the silicone muffin pans are great for salt/spa bars-NO CUTTING!

and the mini-muffin pans (bite-size) make great guest soaps. :D

Re: x

heartsong said:
btw, the silicone muffin pans are great for salt/spa bars-NO CUTTING!

and the mini-muffin pans (bite-size) make great guest soaps. :D

I need to get the muffin pan or something for the spa bars. I made some yesterday in my pyrex and just having it in a loaf and having to cut was a MESS! crumble crumble!

Jola said:
And I got the molds for 49 cents each at a thrift store! yay!
Excellent find!!!!! I love the silicone molds.......just tried them out recently.

Digit

I love the silicone moulds also, I have tonnes of them and everytime I see different ones I have to buy them. Just ask Starduster and Topcat, they know!!
I have however heard of people having a bad experience with them and the colour of the silicone coming off onto the soap.

ChrissyB said:
I love the silicone moulds also, I have tonnes of them and everytime I see different ones I have to buy them. Just ask Starduster and Topcat, they know!!
I have however heard of people having a bad experience with them and the colour of the silicone coming off onto the soap.

I better only buy the pretty color molds then! lol :D

Ok you got my attention now. So once you pour the CP soap into the mold - what/how do you cover them to retain heat & gel?

x

TO GEL:

i cut up a plastic freezer bag and smooth the plastic over the soap, place on a wire cake rack over an electric heating pad-then cover with towel-check on them often. as soon as they feel warm on top-shut the heating pad off.

i've also stuck them in a oven preheated to WARM for an hour, then SHUT THE OVEN OFF and allow to cool inside.

the next day they usually pop right out-the flexible mold peels off like a banana. if my soap is a little soft, stick in freezer for an hr then peel off.

TO NOT GEL:

i just pour, cover with plasctic and leave on counter-these come out a little softer at first, so i stick them in the freezer for an hour and they pop right out.

they now have kits to make your own molds too.

Latest posts

Back