I'm dumbfounded

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty n Plain

Reaction score
I feel like i'm in an Ebay nightmare that makes no sense whatsoever :shock:
A month ago DH purchased a game from ebay using my Ebay account, he payed for the game the same night he purchased it. We didn't recieve the game but instead recieved an unpaid item case against me 2 weeks later. Being in regular contact with the seller we noticed his story changing/contradicting itself over time.
We opened an "Item not recieved" case and didn't hear from him for the 10 days the case was open for. We then forwarded on our concerns to Ebay and left negative honest but not rude feedback and then it started, oh my goodness, the threats of "I'm watching you" and the name calling and accusations etc started, we had previously requested from him proof of the express post parcel being sent and then recieved his reply today stating he sent it by regular post instead so the parcel cannot be tracked :roll: (however according to him he spoke to our post office AND Postie and they apparently confirmed we recieved the item -another lie.

After his threats and abuse we used the "Report a member". I've always tried keeping the peace where possible but is this for real??? all we did was simply purchase and pay for a computer game, that's it. It's just a game sure but it's not the point, his negatives speak for themselves, and to make matters worse DH purchased an Ebay game from another big seller about 2 days prior and we hadn't recieved that either, thankfully though the seller is re posting another game for us by registered post apparently. We had been checking with the post office but they said they do not have any such items in their care.

I am soooooo over Ebay if this is what it's all about, i've never had an issue or blemish until now (not that i'm a big buyer seller on there, but still. Well i'm going to jump off my soap box and go eat some concrete to harden up lol, just needed to get this off my chest :x :D

Im not a huge eBay buyer, I go through stages. I've had an iffy transaction this week myself that I am trying to get sorted.
How did you pay for this game? Can you just request a refund and be done with it? I would make sure you inform eBay of all communication between you and the seller.whereabouts are you? Is the seller close to you? He sounds like a bit of a psycho and you are the target this week.

Oh my goodness. Did you pay through Paypal? You shouldn't have a problem if you paid by credit card. The cc company should be able to credit your account, and you should have a payment confirmation from them to forward to eBay as proof of having paid. So sorry this happened to you - I've never had any problems like that on eBay and I've been using eBay for years! How upsetting.

This is terrible! I'm sorry you're going through this situation.

I'd like to know how you paid for it, too. Both PayPal and credit cards would have a record of the payment.

Did you pay for express shipping? If you did and he sent it regular post then he's cheating you by charging more and pocketing the difference. This is also fraud.

If he sent it regular post, how could he have possibly gotten confirmation from the post office and postal person that it was received and delivered? Regular mail isn't tracked. Plus, it's laughable that he could even talk to your postal carrier. That's just plain nuts to even state he spoke to the carrier.

Is this person in another state? I would hope this person is far away from you. Since this person is also sending threatening messages, I would check about reporting him to someone other than eBay. Although, I'm not sure what agency might monitor harassing online communication.

eBay needs to do something about this person but they probably won't because all they're concerned about is collecting their money. I used to buy a bit on eBay years ago but I rarely purchase anything now. I noticed changes in the quality of the sellers a few years ago. I wasn't happy with it so I've mainly stopped buying. There's still a few sellers that are on eBay which I have purchased from several times over the years. They're trustworthy so I still check their stores for items. However, I mainly use Amazon now.

Thankfully DH paid by direct Bank deposit when we first messaged a copy of the bank payment he denied recieving it, the second time we sent it to him he said he recieved it and the item was sent ages ago. We had considered asking for our money back but he's still sticking to his story that we recieved it and that we are being fraudulent etc.
Yes, thankfully he's in another state but to be honest judging by his emails he's acting like a loose cannon, I told him after his last abusive email that we refuse to have anymore contact with him and that Ebay will be given all communication messages between he and us.
DH said if Ebay doesn't resolve the case then he will order a bank retrieval payment through the bank to recover the payment.
To be honest, it has really turned me off any thought of selling/buying there anymore.

Hazel, yes, DH payed for express shipping, regular postage was free unless you requested and payed for express post which DH did, this is what I don't understand, the seller keeps tripping himself up on his lies and then gets abusive and threatening us acusing us of fraud, lying etc, but not once have we ever shown any of the like towards him, surely he must know ebay will see his behaviour and lies in the messages he sends us.
ChrissyB we're here in Queensland, Australia, he's based in another state far from us thankfully but I can't say that gives me much reassurance.

I think you could get him for fraudulant business practices since your husband paid for express shipping and this guy "said" he shipped it regular post.

Ihope eBay does something about this and you also get your money back. Perhaps this guy is just acting crazy to make you drop your complaints. I certainly would understand you wanting to drop it rather than deal with his abuse.

There was no need for you to send a copy of your bank transfer to him and he shouldn't have asked for it. Scammers are starting to abound on ebay. Ebay really need to do something about this. Tell them you're thinking of going to the police as you've received threats.

I would appreciate a PM with his ID if you could please. I'll add him to my "do not buy from" list.

Sorry this has happened to you.

What is his feedback like? Does he have a lot of negative or neutral feedback when you look through his history. I've had a few dodgy transaction, both from sellers and buyers over the years but they are only a few and I've made about 300 transactions there.

I'm almost 100% sure ebay will sort this out for you, it's just a matter of time (and hassle) but I bet he gets in the crap about it and if he has done this before he'll probably get banned.

But yeah I can definitely appreciate how frustrating it is and how it wrong it feels to have someone pull this crap on you!

Today we havn't heard from him so we're hoping after my last reply to him telling all his interaction with him is being sent to Ebay has maybe made him realise he has dug his own grave so to speak.

BG although the seller didn't request the bank statement we chose to send it to him (minus all my husbands personal info, my DH net banking gives us an option to only copy the transaction chosen, no other details) in all honesty I believe the seller was hoping by this stage we would just let things pass and put it down to an uncomfortable experience. I feel sorry for DH it was his 2nd time using Ebay and he was so excited about his game.

CB my DH checked his feedback and felt because he had far more positives that his negatives that it would be o.k., I would have assumed the same, when I had a look at his negatives a couple of weeks later I noticed how serious some of them are. I'm wondering if he's getting so rude at me because our complaint will be the one to back the others up and tip his bad dealings over the edge.
Although I would never intend to destroy someones business I am very serious when it comes to good customer service so I don't think it's right to bully someone out of their money. I am somewhat concerned about his reaction to the consequences Ebay may give him, although he's in another State I get the feeling his Ebay income loss may cause him to react in a threatening way.

Will send pm's now, thankyou all for the support, I felt like I was going nuts over this, it's been good to get it out in the open.

Hi Chrissy, yes thankfully. Ebay has removed the "unpaid item recorded" case against me. They are also investigating the seller and situation. I just contacted them with the sellers message admitting he snet our item by regular post. So hopefully they will get on top of that also. I hope they deal with it soon i'm not enjoying having this hanging over our heads :roll:

So sorry to hear about your difficulties.
Would you mind PMing this gamer information about the seller.
I collect old electronic games and computer games and would rather not deal with this kind of hassle in my hobby.
Thanks

Has there been any resolve from ebay yet?
I had to open an "item not received" case against a seller the other day, straight away she replied to me and told me that the item had been posted yesterday...funny that. Anyway I am not closing the case until the item gets here.

Hi Chrissy, the answer is yes and no, I recieved two replies from Ebay stating that they are monitoring the seller, that they can't divulge any information as to the outcome to me, so who knows, maybe that's their way of saying "We're not doing anything cause this seller makes us money' :roll: so far it doesn't look like they've done anything.
I contacted them again regarding our refund he owes us but they just repeated the first reply other than to say it's up to us to contact our bank to retrieve our money back off him, the proof is right there in front of them but apparently it's not their responsibility.

The second seller we were having an issue with sent us another game at his expense (this time we paid the registered post), got the game, it's corrupted, contacted seller to ask about any possible technical issues but he hasn't replied in over 3 days. It really feels like we have no protection from these yahoo sellers in for a buck.
I'm greatful for the wonderful sellers but I really think Ebay needs to get a backbone and start toughening up on the sellers and buyers that a proven to pull a swifty.

ChrissyB said:
eBay needs to recognize that without customers,they won't have any money coming in. Dodgy sellers=no customers=no money

I agree completly but unfortunately I think they know that they will always have customers, sadly many will have at least 1 bad experience with being ripped blind :roll:

Latest posts

Back