I'm a Bloody Idiot!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapetite66

Reaction score
Hi:

Remember my thread "Melt and Pour Dilemma...HELP!"???

Well, it seems that the reason my MP isn't melting like everyone elses MP soap is....wait for it...it's NOT MP soap. :oops:

I thought the stuff I ordered was MP but I had actually ordered rebatched soap. :shock: The good news is that my complaints about it being lumpy after it melts is all for naught as that's the way that rebatched soap is supposed to be.

I can't believe I was actually going to write a letter of complaint to the company until I had an inkling to do a search about rebatching and found a very nice article on http://www.About.com. Lo and behold there it was in black and white...a testament to my idiocy. Oh the shame :cry:

I assumed that all the soap on that page (the one I ordered from) was MP but it wasn't.:oops:

The bad thing is that I now realize why the soap I ordered didn't have the letters MP in the name. The good thing is now that I know how to rebatch so that's cool and I even found some ways to help me rebatch in a more satisfactory fashion where the end result won't be as lumpy as my first attempts. :D

Live and learn :)

Back