If you're not bleeding, you're not trying hard enough!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryanything

Reaction score
Who knew it would be so hard to get my soap out of my slab mold? I've never had it stick like this before! To get the sides off I ended up accidentally ripping chunks out of the soap. I was able to press the chunks back in and hope they stay put. Not sure where or how I cut my finger but I looked down at one point and yep, it was bleeding! Overall it was a nightmare. I think its time to invest in some mineral oil!

Perhaps using a dash of sodium lactate to ease unmolding?

I have the BB 9 bar mold with the silicone lining. I used freezer paper under the silicone so it'd come out easy, but the soap itself was stuck to the silicone liner. I don't know how many batches I've made in that mold but I've never had this problem before. The soap is actually pretty hard (once I got it out and it's had a day to dry out). The cut must have happened one on of the times my hands slipped as I was pushing, pulling and banging to get the soap out of the mold. ;)

I looked at the 9 bar mold. The dividers look like they're made of acrylic. Is that the type you have? If so, I can imagine you could slice yourself on a divider. I had visualized a slab mold made completely of silicone.

Back