If you didn't have to worry about cost, what soap would you make?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soaaap

Reaction score
Let's say you didn't have to worry about the cost at all - everything was available to you a the same price! What soap would you try out?

For me, I'd like to make a soap just out of argan oil. I love argan oil and I wonder how it would turn out.

I absolutely love my recipe, and don't think I would change it up, unless I needed a soap for a special purpose. BUT I would love to be able to buy enough of certain expensive essential oils, such as rose. At present even some fragrance oils are beyond my budget. :???:

I would love a large silicone lined slab mold but wouldn't change anything about my recipe. Like others have said, some expensive EO's.

Sandalwood, Frankincense & Myrhh, also some with Neroli and some with Rose or Jasmine absolute.

Those of you talkin' bout sandalwood: Are y'all talking bout an EO or an FO or something?

I would try and find the highest Jojoba oil percent recipe I could find and use that. My skin loves the stuff!

I'm not sure I would do much to the recipe itself, but as others have said, I would indulge in some amazing essential oils: sandlewood and rose amongst others.

Argan oil would be great to play with. Some others I'd like to try are, Pomegranate seed oil, rose hip oil and meadowfoam seed oil. Lots of nice high quality EO would be fantastic.

I think I'd like to experiment with EMU oil...just because. I don't even know what value it would provide, I just think it sounds exotic..."here is my new soap...formulated with EMU oil"....Then go on to talk about the benefits of EMU oil...whatever they happen to be. Then I'd probably have some grandiose idea about buying a farm and raising EMU's for their oil...

It is not good to ask questions, and not be prepared for the backup counseling that may have to take place.....LOL!!!!

I was on a very large cattle farm yesterday and more than ten emus were grazing with the cows. Maybe I should catch one:-D.I'd love to use more avocado oil. The oil I can find in the supermarket is expensive.

I was actually in a discussion with one of my customers about making a Soap out of prickly pear seed oil. Perhaps a 5Kg Batch. He deals in this oil as well as Argan oil.

So...if I was to make my version of the ultimate oil Soap it would include:
Prickly Pear Oil
Argan oil
Seabuck Thorn oil
Rose Hip Oil

Patchouli and Rose oil (the real stuff)

While I am at it I will make a skin cream out if it too

I was on a very large cattle farm yesterday and more than ten emus were grazing with the cows. Maybe I should catch one:-D.I'd love to use more avocado oil. The oil I can find in the supermarket is expensive.

Love to see you catch an emu Karen :lol:. I love avocado, try Woolies when they have it on special.

I think if I could I would experiment with Monoi de Tahiti, Babassu, Argon. I know I can buy them but the price makes them not so avaliable as an everyday soap.

Lots of EOs I'd love to use but for now I have to stick with many FOs instead.

Latest posts

Back