Ideas for hawaiian themed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kniquy

Reaction score
My DD who will be 6 in May wants to have a Moana (Polynesian themed kids movie in case you don't know of it) themed party. So since I recently started soaping i thought making some sort of Hawaiian themed soap would be a cute party gift.

Anyone make anything like these or have recommendations for molds to use.

I am guessing the FO I use could be anything from coconut to floral.

They make cute little tiki or pineapple soap molds. I'd check Amazon. Or make bars with pineapples or something cute on top or embedded.

Last edited:
Plumeria FO is great for Hawaiian themed soap, but it does speed trace, so intricate swirls may not work with plumeria.

I have a lovely mold I like that I bought at someone's destash, so I don't think it's easy to find anymore, but here are a couple of molds on Etsy that might go well with that theme:

Plumeria flowers mold

Hibiscus flowers mold

Another thing you could do is just use a regular loaf or slab mold and add the plumeria flowers on top using a frosting piping tool. The flower is easy to make via piping.

I am not familiar with the movie Moana except that it's Disney!

But, Joann's has some silicone tropical theme molds - one with two rows of pineapples (and flamingos and cactus [?!]), one that is flipflops, sunglasses and beachballs, another that are shells, starfish and crabs and one with dolphins and whales. And of course, mermaids. They're about $5 each, but seem to be on sale constantly at 25-30% off.

You could make clear M&P soaps with embeds? Or cupcake soaps with a few dif embs on top? Although, the kids may try and eat those?

PLUMERIA IS THE BEST!! We were in Hawai'i last summer and upon arrival got plumeria leis. Our guest house was surrounded by plumeria. It was intoxicating. One of my most popular lotion bars is scented with plumeria.
I know your party is for kids but one of my favorite soaps I made was with using kukui oil and macadamia nut oil that I brought back from our trip there.

I would make the Heart of Te Fiti out of soap. There are several molds on Etsy it looks like!

Maybe this type of mold and use some bright colours for the soap - yellow and red micas? Even if you just colour a little bit of the soap batter very brightly to put into the bottom of the mold before pouring the rest of the soap (so it looks kinda 'painted' on top?
IMG_0595.JPG

I would make the Heart of Te Fiti out of soap. There are several molds on Etsy it looks like!
I did see those - but expensive for only a few molds. I even saw the hook! Then i'm wondering how could i make a whole batch of them for say 20 or so soaps. I was thinking i could make the green Heart of te fiti and use it as an embed.

There are also mini molds great for little hands in the form of dolphins, turtles, seashells, starfishes, hibiscus flowers and pigs.. All of which are easily recognizable from the film.

Also I found these. None are soap but maybe you can get inspiration from them :)
_20190208_233400.JPG _20190208_233419.JPG _20190208_233435.JPG _20190208_233930.JPG

I would use m&p for children's soap because it makes pretty clear soaps depending on the base and you can make a lot in a short time. I do not recommend using a craft shop m&p, but one from a supplier.

Nature's Garden has an iced pineapple that is delicious and kids love it. It does not discolor but does not hold it's scent in cp.

I did see those - but expensive for only a few molds. I even saw the hook! Then i'm wondering how could i make a whole batch of them for say 20 or so soaps. I was thinking i could make the green Heart of te fiti and use it as an embed.

I would use m&p for children's soap because it makes pretty clear soaps depending on the base and you can make a lot in a short time. I do not recommend using a craft shop m&p, but one from a supplier.

Nature's Garden has an iced pineapple that is delicious and kids love it. It does not discolor but does not hold it's scent in cp.

I agree with cmzqha, I would use a good quality clear melt and pour with the molds (you could really get that translucent green shimmer with a good mica) and then cold process a soap bar if you want to use them as inbeds.

You could also use a circle mold and use silicone caulk to make the main swirl of the heart in the bottom and use that if you would really like to do cold process. Here’s a video of someone doing the same for hearthstone:

Latest posts

Back